The Reno Housing Authority Landlord Incentive Program protects landlords and their investments. The program can provide an additional Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) to landlords who have lost tenancy for several reasons.
• When a tenant passes away while still under lease
• When an eviction for cause is filed through the courts and executed
• When a tenant vacates without providing proper notice
• When the RHA terminates housing assistance for violating program rules and/or family obligations
• When a tenant causes damage to the unit in excess of the security deposit
Requests for the additional HAP must be made in writing to the RHA on a Request for Landlord Incentive Form no more than 30 calendar days from the date of the action which resulted in the unit being vacated.